The Software Developer is responsible for designing, coding, documenting, and testing .NET/SQL Server-based applications for our Viewpoint Construction Software division. This division provides an enterprise level software solution with integrated accounting, project management, and operations modules for mid-range to large-scale contractors throughout the United States and abroad.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs product design, bug verification, release testing, and beta support on application software projects.
- Tracks the status of assigned project tasks to insure timely completion, maintains communication with stakeholders regarding progress of work, and notifies appropriate parties when open issues have been resolved.
- Participates with an Agile Development team in all stages of product development.
- Identifies opportunities for improving software development methods and procedures and communicates recommendations appropriately.
- Contributes to the overall success of the Agile team by participating in team estimating meetings, designs, code reviews and pair programming activities.
- Ability to learn and adapt to Viewpoint coding standards.
- Ability to work within a team based enviorment.
- Effectively applies broad, in-depth, and up-to-date knowledge of pertinent software development; project management; and technical, business, and professional issues.
- Visualizes complex processes to identify and analyze key issues and recommend quality solutions.
- Is able to follow Agile Development processes that are in alignment with company standards for effective delivery of project goals.
- Effectively develops and uses a systematic approach to analyze and solve problems. Acts proactively to anticipate risk and seeks to mitigate them before they occur. Visualizes the big picture and effectively identifies key issues and designs harmonious and effective solutions.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Listens effectively, transmits information accurately and understandably, and actively seeks feedback. Effectively presents and explains information to others with various levels of knowledge.
- Well-organized, self-directed team player. Remains open to others' ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Adapts to changes in a fast paced work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Demonstrates professionalism, discretion, and good judgment in all interactions with co-workers, customers, vendors and others.
- Consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
Required Job Qualifications
- BS degree in a field directly related to software development plus a minimum of one year of relevant technical experience in application design and programming and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to code in Visual Basic .NET and/or C# using Object Oriented techniques.
- Ability to write and debug complex stored procedures/triggers in Transact SQL.
- Experience with Visual Studio 2008/2010
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies.
- Experience being a ScrumMaster or other type of team lead.
- Experience with Agile tools such as VersionOne.
- Experience with Test Driven Development.
- Experience with ASP.NET.
- Experience developing and supporting accounting applications.
- Knowledge of construction industry accounting or project management principles and practices.
- Send your resume to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line and education listed on your resume AND/OR
- Go to www.CampusPoint.com
- Click on Portland
- Click on "Register Now" to register
- Create your CampusPoint Resume
- Read through our jobs and hit the APPLY button
WHAT IS CAMPUSPOINT?
We help college students and recent graduates find local employers, jobs, and internships.
- A 100% FREE Resource
- Largest known private employer and recruiter of recent graduates in Washington & Oregon
- Hiring more than 1,000 students and recent graduates every year
- Typically recruiting for 50+ local jobs and internships typically not found anywhere else!
- Our FREE Local Employer Directory connects job seekers with thousands of employers they've never heard of before!
As an organization committed to helping college students and recent college graduates find jobs, CampusPoint generally seeks applicants of diverse backgrounds who are working towards a college degree or have graduated with a new degree within the past six years. For more information please visit our website at www.CampusPoint.com.